When I started playing Clash Royale, I was really confused which cards to use in my deck, since all of them have some special ability, but from the very beginning I have fallen in love with the Valkyrie. No mater how I have been changing the deck over the time, I kept the Valkyrie. This deck is composed mainly of cards that are good at defensive game. Therefore, my beginners deck is composed of the following cards:
- Valkyrie. Although a single troop, the Valkyrie is very good at crushing ground group troops such as the Goblins, the Skeleton Army, Barbarians, etc. At the cost of 4 Elixir, you will have the benefit of defeating a group troops and maybe even last for another one of two hits.
- Fireball. The Fireball is extremely helpful for those annoying hats and the Goblin Barrel. It can also take down the supporting troops that are usually following troop with lot of health, such as the Giant, so once the “entourage” is doomed, the Giant is easier to be taken down.
- Skeleton Army. The one and only Skeleton Army is a very powerful weapon if you know how to use it. It can take don in a minute fast troops and also troops with high hit points. Although not very sustainable, the Skeleton Army is a good card to have in your deck. The crowd they are making on the field will definitely scare and confuse the opponent.
- Knight. The Knight is a very smart card to play , mainly for defensive game. It costs only 3 Elixir, but can take down troops that cost a lot more, such as the Witch, so that will give you an advantage in your Elixir. Sometimes, instead of the Knight, I use the Barbarians, but when I feel the need for Elixir advantage, I immediately switch to the Knight. Long live the Knight.:)
- Minions. The Minions are the most cruel card in this deck, I don`t know why, maybe its because of how they look as a group, they seem very intimidating. They are a very useful supporting troop, if placed behind troops with high hit points. They can be easily taken down with Arrows and Fireball, so in case you get sick of them, you can always replace them with the Baby Dragon.
- Prince. Just when you hear the sound of “His Majesty” coming toward your Towers , you immediately start to panic, and don`t know which card to use against it. It makes an insane amount of damage to the towers, and if you put something ahead of it, he will push the troops faster to the Towers, so that way he will arrive safely to the Tower and do his job.
- Goblin Barrel. At cost of Elixir 4, you can make an instant damage to your opponent, only if he has already used the Arrows or the Fireball. If you find this card expensive, you can always substitute it with the Spare Goblins, they cost 2 Elixir less.
- Archers. The Archers are my favorite underdog card in Clash Royale. Many of the Clash Royale players are using the Bomber instead of the Archers, but I find the Archer much more helpful. They can deal with ground and air troops, so if positioned well, it can save you a lot of Elixir.